Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Microsoft Xbox changes

My kids and i are xbox gamers. We have the gold family pack for Xbox. Recently I recieved an email stating that the Family Pack Plan is ending. This plan was a great deal because you got 4 family members with 1 year of xbox gold live for $99. So whewn my family pack expires in march 2014, this means I will have to buy a live gold membership for $59.99 each.That is a heck of alot more than $99.Apparently in the future microsoft will have deals going on for memberships,lets hope.
Now today I see on the web that microsoft is retiring the "Microsoft points" it offers.I guess that you will be able to purchase stuff with regular currency,which i guess is ok to. So basically I am not complaining,but simply just pondering what is going on in the world today? The deals of the past are going away slowly but surely and who is to benefit from it? Corporate greed?
Read story about microsoft points retiring: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/billing-and-subscriptions/account-management/microsoft-points-retire-faq
And oh yea btw I will not buy Xbox ones for awhile,basically until the get the "BUGS" out,but i will continue to be happy xbox gamer. RIP Family pack and Microsoft points!

Follow on twitter: twitter.com/pinheadusa

About me: about.me/pinheadgeek

Vlogs: http://www.youtube.com/pinheadgeek

1 comment:

  1. I'm leaving xbox because of these types of things. The same way I left PS2 for the xbox 360. The PS4 is cheaper, more powerful, and PSN is cheaper. I love my 360, but Microsoft sure has done a good job of alienating gamers with all its policy changes and DRM issues.

    ReplyDelete